To get the best results, medical and pharmaceutical texts need to be translated by an expert medical translator.
Finding the right solution in the target language, one that is founded in a deep understanding of the concepts discussed as well as the medical text’s specific context, requires an extensive research and documentation process that only a professional translator who is specialized in medicine and pharmaceutical texts can execute perfectly.
The world of medicine is constantly changing, which means that a good specialist translator has to continually update their knowledge throughout their professional lifetime by dedicating time to the process of researching reliable sources in order to understand the medical text they are working on.
Furthermore, they must continually check the medical terms they select for texts in the target language to know they are using the most appropriate and relevant term for each one.
Health and care translation encompasses a wide range of texts which fulfil a variety of functions that translators must understand in order to correctly transpose them into the target language.
The diverse texts within this speciality include:
- Medical articles in a number of specific disciplines
- Manuals for medical devices
- Medical records
- Leaflets accompanying medicines
- Published reports
- Expert reports
- Marketing documents
- Information featured on the websites of private aesthetics clinics
- Among many others…
And each one is different. Knowing the purpose of each text is what makes it possible to verify the use of appropriate terminology and style:
- In the case of informed consent documents for clinical trials ➤ medical translators must use the right terms so that any patient will be able to understand without trouble.
- On the other hand, a translator specialized in pharmaceutical texts ➤ must maintain the standard mandated structures and formulas used in the Summary of Product Characteristics, for example, a highly-regulated type of text.
- Translators who work on scientific and medical articles ➤ must dedicate time to understanding the concepts they cover, especially if they broach a brand new idea that may not be addressed in many existing sources.
⤷ This means searching for the correct terminology in parallel texts or specialized sources, in addition to adhering to article format and structure so that the journal where it will be published will accept it.
Types of disciplines
SIGNEWORDS works with technical translators who specialize in pharmaceutical and medical texts and have extensive experience in the field.
Our professionals help you ensure the quality and coherence of texts in such diverse and extensive disciplines as:
- Among many other specialities…
On occasion, texts hybridize of two specializations, for example:
- Medical translation and marketing translation ➤ in the case of ➤ pamphlets or product packaging
- Medical translation ➤ combined with ➤ software translation for medical apps
The input of professional translators who understand both fields well will result in a product with a much higher quality level.
The risks of not hiring a good medical translator
A good medical translator can help you prevent serious problems and maintain your valuable reputation:
- A translation error in a medical text can lead to legal problems or even put patients’ health at risk.
- A delay in the delivery of documentation could postpone the start of your clinical trial or the entry of your medicine onto the market, which could, in turn, have financial consequences.
- Medical texts also contain particularly sensitive information, such as personal or confidential data, whose privacy must be guaranteed.
Professional medical and pharmaceutical translation services prevent these setbacks and alleviate any worries about the translation process with the assurance that your text is in good hands. Instead, you will be able to concentrate your efforts on contributing to advances in medicine and pharmacy.
The importance of medicine and pharmacy
Work continues tirelessly in the fields of medicine and pharmaceuticals to protect our health and cure diseases.
A professional translation provider like SIGNEWORDS is your ally, supplying you with necessary medical and pharmaceutical translation services to help you disseminate the medical knowledge necessary for these end goals to be achieved with due precaution and professionalism. Thanks to their work, your knowledge and products will reach the rest of the world and contribute to advances in medicine and pharmaceutical practice, all the while strengthening your international reputation.
General advantages to hiring professional medical and pharmaceutical translators
One of the basic characteristics of medical language is precision.
So it’s no surprise that more and more specialized terms are added to the language as varied disciplines evolve and designate names to new discoveries. Our professional medical and pharmaceutical translators will select the most appropriate terms to avoid ambiguity and help the reader understand the text’s intentions in the target language beyond the shadow of a doubt. They will also make sure the text is congruent.
Accurately and reliably transforming information is key for preventing severe alterations to these sensitive contents.
SIGNEWORDS‘ professional translators are native speakers of the target language they work into, and are specialized in medical and pharmaceutical translation. They ensure the delivery of texts of the highest possible quality. What’s more, our medical and pharmaceutical translators know that punctuality is crucial to your business. That’s why we at SIGNEWORDS commit to abiding by the agreed deadlines with strict punctuality.