Translation for the news media specialized services
Find some of the unique features of translation for the news media🗞️
Our translation services for the news media include:
- press releases and kits
- featured stories and articles
⤷ in newspapers and magazines, online or in print.
We will also give an overview of related multilingual copywriting services for the media.
The fact is that we consider translation for the news media as a type of specialized translation
⤷ since this content – created by the journalism sector to communicate – incorporates specific characteristics that we must address when transferring it from one language into others.
Translation for the online news media
Beyond the content itself, translation for the news media encompasses online media features:
- whether published exclusively on the internet
- or as mutual support for another medium.
➤ In this kind of press, the importance of SEO is a must factor.
The process of translating online content must integrate two additional factors to achieve an effective and productive translation:
- We must be aware of the application of criteria established during a prior optimization analysis,
- in addition to incorporating applicable keywords that correspond to the material at hand and its publishing time.
- And that these factors were analyzed in the source language.
Audiovisual and written supports simultaneous translation
We apply another type of translation for the news media to content created for publications, in both formats:
A news outlet can publish content in multimedia or cross-media format, for example:
- to be presented
- at the same time as a related video plays
- with subtitles
- or voiceover
Thus, when translating this format combination, we must study both items together in an association to localize the message best so that it:
- comes across coherently and
- it’s aesthetically pleasing
⤷ in all formats to be published.
Press interview translation for the news media
The interview format entails specific journalism techniques that must be maintained in translation, all the while prioritizing comprehension in target languages.
In this case, just as in any translation, there might be:
- that the target cultures wouldn’t understand
- or which wouldn’t be as acceptable as in the source culture.
In general, however, interviews follow an international format that incorporates the following techniques, which the translator must, therefore, consider if we are to produce an accurate and precise translation:
➤ We must take into account that the interviewer:
- Makes use of statements or words that the interviewee brings up or asks about, having prepared them or not beforehand, which will use naturally within the dialogue.
- Ensures that the interview stays on-topic if trailing off into other subject matters, which could make the encounter lose its relevancy and, therefore, its interest.
- Or, on the contrary, takes advantage of side-tracked conversations if they seem more appealing, including side topics that come out without preparation.
- Even if they already know the answer, the interviewer ask questions when they don’t understand that answers given so that they connect back to the main topic, which the interviewer will have researched in preparation for the interview.
- The interviewer formulates questions that require an expected response, such that the interviewee has to explain themselves or go on at length, or if preferred, provide short and concise answers.
- They may even ask for examples when they want the interviewee to be more specific.
- To this end, they will know the goal of the interview, as well as its target audience.
- So they ask specific questions to avoid the interviewee being confused and left at a loss on how to respond.
- Finally, interviewers use details from the interview setting in the conversation, inserting them spontaneously into the discussion.
Translation for the news outlet social media
These days, authors draft most news pieces and opinion articles for publication on owned social media.
Various kinds of translations come into play here:
- marketing translation
- also journalism translation
- and the translation of specialized texts, for example, when an article is technical, covering legal, medical, and pharmaceutical, automotive, or scientific topics.
Due to its specialized nature, this content requires the attention of a coordinated team of linguists who are experts in:
- both the material and type of language used,
- as well as the source-target language combination, for each project.
Connecting copywriting and translation for the press
The translation team, made up of a project manager and translators, must meet 4 BASIC REQUIREMENTS:
- Be up-to-date on the latest developments in language and communication.
⤷ This condition is inherent to any job in the linguistic field, but it becomes fundamental for news media projects.
- Keep in close touch with the media outlet’s copywriting team.
- Specialize in translation for news media and master the mandatory techniques.
- Perform an in-depth study of each client media organization’s needs and every specific publication translated for this client.
As a specialized linguistic consultancy, SIGNEWORDS provides exclusive multilingual communication services.
This service aims to media companies that want their publications to reach beyond their borders and linguistic boundaries,
⤷ to different countries that speak languages other than their own.
Our translations demonstrate maximum consistency and fit the needs of their diverse target audiences.
➤ Because we know that, often, there is no one single target audience anymore,
⤷ but various targets, speaking different languages and having varied interests, that we must efficiently and productively synthesize.