How to get your life goals
WITH THE HELP OF WORDS
Use words to achieve your life goals by first finding the vocabulary that defines you.
In the summer of 1999, Anna asked Paul a decisive question. In her gaze, Paul sensed she wanted to know more than the obvious. ANNA - When you look at me, what do you see? PAUL - Kindness, friendship. Maybe pride. And a little suffering. (He stopped to think) ANNA - Anything else? PAUL - Fear. Rain. Blushing ANNA - Blushing? Rain? PAUL - I'm not sure. It's just... feelings.
From that summer until today, Anna has become the person she wanted to be.
She somehow needed to be brave and joyful.
And at the same time, she claimed for the kindness she conferred.
➤ In conclusion, she made some decisions.
Get your life goals by determining how you would define yourself
Moving forward can be confusing at a certain point in life.
Not only acknowledging what your vocabulary outlines can be daunting but also realizing what you want to get in life.
➤ Anyway, the first step in every process to get anything is identifying the reality from which you are departing.
Accept the reality because if you want to analyze and eventually change it, you first need to accept it.
Don’t be naive by trying to convince yourself that something’s different just because you don’t like it:
- If you don’t like it, change it.
- But for that, first, you need to identify it,
- and primarily, accept it.
I know, here, the reality is complicated because we are talking about ourselves.
So, as Anna did, it will be more comfortable and more for you to find the vocabulary that defines you by asking other people:
- Of course, it’s better not to ask just one person, but ask different people with independent points of view.
- And make sure that they’ll tell you their honest thoughts.
→ Make them understand you won’t get angry, depending on what they will say to you.
In fact, you need some rough answers to be able to act on them.
But how can you do that and help others to help you back?
Try to be specific.
→ For instance, use questions like these to get your list of words:
How do I react when work is getting hard?
Worried, stressed, funny, upset, amused.
Does my face change in any way when I get angry?
Red, surprised, tense, lost, sad, mad, focused, joyful.
What do you think I’d answer if you asked me to let you travel alone?
Fear, relief, miserable, anxious, insecure, shaken.
How do you think I’d feel if you started singing aloud in a public space?
Shame, happiness, cheerful, sad, alarmed, excitable, neutral.
➤ The word list goes on and on.
→ Down the line:
- Using all the answers, you receive from people who know you well,
- make a list of emotions, attitudes, and actions that might reach your character.
And bear in mind that all this wording you’re gathering isn’t either good or bad. It just is.
IN TIME, split the list of words that define you Into:
- I want to keep these terms,
- or even boost some of them,
- and I prefer to modify these other terms,
- or eliminate these others.
Ok, but who and where are you here?
Of course, you aren’t any of the following elements:
- a list of words
- your job
- some hobbies you practice
- a sport you play
- the people around you
- your decisions
- your actions
- a book you’re writing
- your home
- your thoughts
➤ Because you’ll be you even changing all of this again and again.
That’s why none of the words you’re using to define yourself are good or bad.
The words come and go; they change with you depending on the circumstances.
Finding yourself is easier by using language as a tool and recognizing you aren’t any of the words you’re using.
➤ Words are tools. And words define emotions and actions.
You are the being who’s using the tools:
- First identifying them,
- secondly accepting them,
- and finally deciding on them.
Get your life goals, knowing that life is steady learning
- Become the owner of the words in your life and use them as you prefer.
- Don’t worry if you get it wrong sometimes. Just try again.
- Learn new words, and you’ll be able to express more emotions and more complex feelings.
ALTOGETHER, Learn how to use YOUR words by:
- Practicing with them and
- forever adding new ones to your list.
🌎 At SIGNEWORDS, we integrate language consultancy and translation services in all languages. To check all our services and ask for a free quote, contact us HERE ツ