In this age of globalization, let your communication agency give you their viewpoint and be your definitive guide to e-commerce internationalization.
Who better to shed light upon our multi-lingual, intercultural business world?
Few industries are so well-positioned to help you navigate the internationalization process so that you are able to put your best foot forward as you internationalize your business, perhaps without even leaving your own home.
How integral are communication companies to the internationalization process?
Essential! Why? Because their job focuses on key points in your strategy, including reaching your target customers and the internal decisions that orient your enterprise.
How you communicate is affected by your own internal culture.
Communication companies will help you take a hard look at the choices you make, how and why, pointing you in the best long-term when it comes to looking outward to new markets.
Communication agencies’ fields of knowledge and activities now range a variety of concerns that have only expanded with the internationalization of business.
For example, in addition to the traditional tasks of developing marketing and personal relations strategies, you may need to consider language and cultural communication implicit in e-commerce internationalization.
How do you want to design your website?
Is a website your only medium, or can you combine it with another to enhance your results?
Beyond words, what image do you project in that new market?
In addition to recognizing the right sets of words, your communications partner might warn you, for example, that the thumbs up image on your website might fit the casual, friendly vibe you’re going for domestically, but that you should think twice about gestures in your new market because they may have a very different meaning elsewhere.
They can help you ascertain whether your identity might need to shift in its seat a bit to achieve the right posture for your international audience.
Breaking into new markets also means taking on new legal and financial concerns, such as complying with international regulations that aren’t applicable to your home market:
- Data protection legislation varies worldwide
- As well as reporting requirements
- Licensing laws
- Expected quality procedures
And all of these legal and logistical aspects entail communication.
- you’re not just in touch with your target clients
- you’re in a whole new ballgame with new authorities
- new commentators
- and maybe even with new teammates
And you need to communicate with all of them.
Together with your communications crew, you will decide on the best internationalization strategy for you. It might involve developing contacts and gaining new business partners to help you navigate the local terrain better.
That’s going to mean communicating with a steady partner and new contacts on a regular basis, and that
Communication will be a key factor to your success
- Another way your communications agency can help you with their specialized knowledge and know-how is researching the market competition and how they communicate. Analyzing this information could be eye-opening and even provide new strategic ideas.
- No matter what stage of internationalization you’re in, whether you’re just starting to contemplate the idea of exporting or expanding, or you’ve developed agents and made some first attempts with special contracts, your communications agency can help you apply that experience to inform your decision-making.
- The same goes for later stages of internationalization: if you’ve made definite moves into expansion, you’ll need to know where you’re going. Is your company going to go international, multi-national, or global or even transnational? Each of these forms of doing business will affect how you communicate and that’s where your contracted communications team can contribute to your success.
In some ways, the internationalization process can feel like starting a new business from scratch again
You’ll have to look deep inside to know who you are, what you’ve got and what you want before you can decide how to move your commercial body.
The important thing to remember is that your communications choices are everything!
They are your image, your voice and your reputation in the business world.
E-commerce internationalization means being in contact with many more people and a much more diverse set of interlocutors and stakeholders ➤ so communication is that much more important and complex.
Shop around, ask questions, choose wisely and then trust the communications professionals you’ve hired as your definitive guide to internationalizing your e-commerce.
🌎 At SIGNEWORDS we offer SEO copywriting: blog and website copywriting services. We integrate translation services in all languages and web content creation. To check all our services and ask for a free quote, contact us HERE ツ